VODA – komodita budúcnosti

Jediná komodita, bez ktorej nie je možná existencia všetkého živého a dopyt po nej nikdy neklesne. Z toho dôvodu sa oplatí investovať do US$460 mld. globálneho trhu s vodou...

When it comes to absolutely critical commodities, there's no question that water is at the top of the list. By a long way.


You need it. I need it. Every single person in the world needs it. It's without doubt the most precious commodity on the face of the planet. No matter what country you live in… or whether you're rich or poor… there is nothing more important to basic human survival.


For all the talk about oil, natural gas, and even electricity, those resources pale in comparison to this essential commodity - one that we can't live without, and whose demand will never decline. In fact, thanks to population growth and global warming, demand is actually set to increase markedly over the coming years.


But the world is struggling to cope with a very serious shortage in 80 countries around the globe - one that is approaching "crisis" level. Even in America's own backyard.

Voda

We're talking about investing in water - a $460 billion global market, and an investment sector that some analysts have dubbed "blue gold," because of the immense profit potential this resource holds.


Water, Water Everywhere… Or Is There?

When you pour a glass of water or take a shower, you expect that once you turn on the tap, clear, fresh water will flow out. In America, we take this for granted. But the fact is… water is becoming very scarce - and may be destined to become the most sought-after commodity in history.


Just take a look at the facts:

The International Food Policy Research Institute says that by 2020, the world will have an additional two billion people, who will require 20% more water than is currently available.


Within 50 years over half the global population will be living with water shortages. In fact, water shortages currently affect 80 countries and will affect 4 billion people by 2050.


The water level of the Dead Sea has fallen 66 feet in the past 100 years and is now losing about 3 feet each year.


At current consumption rates, New Delhi will run out of ground water by 2015. The country has drilled more than 21 million wells that now pull over 200 cubic kilometers of water out of the earth - and it's still not enough.


Two-thirds of China already faces water shortages


Population Overload… Water Undersupply

In 1900, there were roughly 1.6 billion people on the planet. Today, there are 6.5 billion. Since 1940 alone, annual global population growth has risen by 1.5% to 2%, while global water use has increased by an average 2.5% to 3%.


But here's the problem: 97.5% of the world's water is seawater, unfit for human consumption. That leaves just 2.5% of fresh water resources. Moreover, only about 0.1% of all water is actually available to use. Most of it is locked up in glaciers, groundwater, and soil.


By 2025, the world population is expected to rise to 9 billion. But the global demand for fresh water exceeds supply by 17% already, according to the Population Institute, with World Bank figures showing that water demand is doubling every 21 years.


Celý článok:www.commodityonline.com/news/topstory/newsdetails.php

21.11.2007

   Uranium charts on InfoMine.com Silver charts on InfoMine.com Molybdenum charts on InfoMine.com